Promoting International Agricultural Research Cooperation for Climate Change (Follow-up side event of G7 Niigata Agriculture Ministers' Meeting at the COP22, UN Climate Change Conference 2016)The Government of Japan hosted the “International Agricultural Research Cooperation for Climate Change - Follow-up side event of G7 Niigata Agriculture Ministers’ Meeting at the COP22, UN Climate Change Conference 2016 -” in Marrakesh, Morocco on November 10th, 2016.
Mr. Masamichi SAIGO, Director-General for Agricultural, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council Secretariat of MAFF Japan, chaired the event. The participants shared current activities on agricultural research for climate change.
The following is an outline of the side event with two annexes: Opening remarks by Mr. SAIGO and Chair’s Summary a brief assessment on the main thrusts of the deliberations at the side event, respectively.
3.Participants (Total 70 participants. appx)
- G7 countries
- International Initiatives
- GRA (the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases)
- GACSA (the Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture)
- The 4/1000 Initiative
- GSP (the Global Soil Partnership)
- International organizations (FAO, CGIAR)
- Observers (40 participants)
- Opening remarks by the Chair (Mr. SAIGO, DG, MAFF, Japan) (ANNEX 1)(PDF : 98KB)
- Presentation from initiatives
- “Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases: Reflections and future directions” by Ambassador Hayden MONTGOMERY (GRA)
- “International Agricultural Research Cooperation for Climate Change: GACSA’s Perspective” by Dr. Andrew Achuo ENOW (GACSA)
- “The "4%: Soils for Food Security and Climate" Initiative” by Mr. Ludovic LARBODIERE (4/1000 Initiative)
- “Global Soil Partnership, promoting sustainable soil management beyond 2015” by Mr. Olcay UNVER (GSP)
- Information sharing and exchange of views
- Summary and concluding remarks by the Chair
Photos of Follow-up side event
ContactKanamori (Dr.), Takahashi(Mr.)
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council,
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries