Home > Food labeling & Japanese Agricultural Standard > Japanese Agricultural Standard > Import of products with JAS marks


Import of products with JAS marks

Imported products can carry JAS marks if they are produced or manufactured by overseas producers or manufacturers certified by Registered Japanese Certifying Bodies or Registered Overseas Certifying Bodies, and are distributed.

As for organic foods, imported organic foods can be relabeled with JAS marks by importers certified by Registered Japanese Certifying Bodies. The products qualified for JAS marks shall be certified as “organic” in the countries whose organic rules and standards Japan approved as equivalent with the Organic JAS system, and shall carry export certificates issued by the government agencies or quasi-governmental organization in those countries.