1. Basic premise
At the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (hereinafter referred to as "MAFF"), we are collecting information from everyone using the Official Website of MAFF (hereinafter referred to as "the Site") in areas necessary to the smooth operation of the services (such as information provision by the homepage and the solicitation of opinions) provided by the Site. Information acquired will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
2. Scope of information acquisition
(1) We automatically collect and store, IP addresses, information about access to the Site (i.e., the date and time you access the Site and the pages you visit) and so on. However, we do not use a cookie (information transmitted from the server to the user's browser and stored on the user's computer in order for the server to identify users).
(2) At the "Contact MAFF" corner, we ask you to register your e-mail address, theme, and opinion. We also ask you to register, optionally, your name and country.
(3) When MAFF invites you to make comments and give opinions, and accepts various inquiries, we may ask you to register your name, age-range, country, occupation, phone number and e-mail address, etc.
3. Purposes of use
(1) The information acquired in 2. (1) will be used as a reference for the smooth operation of the service provided by the Site.
(2) The comments collected in 2. (2) and 2. (3) will be used as a reference in future policymaking. E-mail addresses will be used to reply to. Other optional items will be used as reference information.
4. Limitations on use and provision
At MAFF, except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the information acquired will not be used by ourselves for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor will it be provided to any third party. However, statistical information regarding access to the Site or information on users' attributes may be made public.
5. Measures to ensure security
MAFF is taking the measures necessary to manage acquired information appropriately to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information.
6. Scope of application